Looking to whip up some Halloween fun? Here are some great Halloween recipes that are perfect for parties, lunch boxes and the entire family. So gather around the cauldron and cook up some Halloween fun!
One of our favorites is the Rice Krispies "Treat-O-Lanterns" listed below. For more recipes, check out our Halloween Recipe Special Feature.
Rice Krispies "Treat-O-Lanterns"
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. (You can tint your pumpkins orange. Mix red and yellow food coloring and add to marshmallow mixture).
- Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. (Loyal chocolate lovers can substitute Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal).
- Measure 1/2 cup warm mixture and shape into pumpkins. Makes 12 pumpkins.
- Create eyes, nose and mouth with candy such as M & Ms etc. Use a piece of licorice for the stem.
- Place on waxed paper to dry.
For more great Halloween ideas, please visit…
There's a chill in the air, and that can only mean one thing to little children. Halloween is coming soon! The Little Ones Halloween Special is here to assist with your Halloween preparations. Check out our selection of Halloween theme parties & games, spooky books, haunting Halloween recipes, Halloween jokes and more! Whether you are trick or treating with your little ones, hosting a Halloween party or just getting into the "spirit" of the holiday, our Halloween feature can help your family have a happy and safe Halloween!
Visit www.littleones.com for our selection of Great/Award Winning Children's Books, Little Ones Recommended Toys & Gifts, Birthday Theme Parties and Baby Basics, along with teacher tips, parenting articles, family fun and much more!
If you haven’t done so already, Subscribe Now to receive our weekly Little Ones articles via E-mail.