Here are easy-to-make Halloween recipes that just scream for child participation. Not only will your little ghouls enjoy these delicious treats, but may learn a thing or two in the process. (Remember that many successful Math lessons take place when parents and children cook together in the kitchen). So gather around the cauldron and cook up some Halloween fun!
Check out the following delicious links…
Family Fun Halloween Recipes: Easy and creative desserts, healthy snacks, drinks and more… all with a spooky twist.
Hershey's Halloween Recipes: Truly haunting recipes using your favorite Hershey's chocolates.
Rice Krispies Green Monster Cut Out Treats: A simple variation of the popular Rice Krispie Treats recipe perfect for Halloween.
Scary Halloween Recipes: Loads of great links featuring recipes designed for boys and ghouls.
About.com Cooking For Kids (Halloween): Halloween recipes to make for or with your children.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. (You can tint your pumpkins orange. Mix red and yellow food coloring and add to marshmallow mixture).
- Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. (Loyal chocolate lovers can substitute Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies cereal).
- Measure 1/2 cup warm mixture and shape into pumpkins. Makes 12 pumpkins.
- Create eyes, nose and mouth with candy such as M & Ms etc. Use a piece of licorice for the stem.
- Place on waxed paper to dry.
Jello "Boo Cups" or "Ghosts in the Graveyard"
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 pkg (4-serving size) Jell-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 tub (12 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 pkg (16 oz.) chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Pour cold milk into large bowl; add pudding mixes. Beat with wire wisk 2 minutes. Stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping and 1/2 of the cookies.
- For Graveyard: Spoon into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store dessert in refrigerator. Makes 15 servings. Decorate with Milano cookies placed perpendicular (like tombstones), candy and remaining whipped topping dropped by spoonfuls (to make ghosts).
- For Boo Cups: Spoon mixture and remaining crushed cookies into 12 to 16 individual cups, and decorate as suggested above.
- 1 Bag of Pepperidge Farms Gingerbread Men
- 1 tube of White cookie Icing
- 1 tube of Black cookie Icing
For Mummy cookies: SImply take Pepperidge Farm Gingerbread men cookies and ice the tops with white icing. Use a fork to gently make horizontal lines to make a mummy bandage appearance. Use black cake icing to make two eyes and a mouth. Let dry. Serve as a cookie or use as a cupcake topper as suggested below.
For Mummy cupcakes: Bake and ice cupcakes with whatever color icing you choose. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of the cupcake icing. Place a white mummy cookie on top of each of the cupcakes.
For more great Halloween ideas, please visit…
There's a chill in the air, and that can only mean one thing to little children. Halloween is coming soon! The Little Ones Halloween Special is here to assist with your Halloween preparations. Check out our selection of Halloween theme parties & games, spooky books, haunting Halloween recipes, Halloween jokes and more! Whether you are trick or treating with your little ones, hosting a Halloween party or just getting into the "spirit" of the holiday, our Halloween feature can help your family have a happy and safe Halloween!
Visit www.littleones.com for our selection of Great/Award Winning Children's Books, Little Ones Recommended Toys & Gifts, Birthday Theme Parties and Baby Basics, along with teacher tips, parenting articles, family fun and much more!
If you haven’t done so already, Subscribe Now to receive our weekly Little Ones articles via E-mail.